On July 16, Center Assistant Professor Dr. Devan Stahl presented “Ethics Beyond Autonomy: The Case of Snapchat Surgeons” at the International Academy for Bioethical Inquiry (IABI) Summer Symposium, held at Saint Louis University. Based on her recent publication in AMA Journal of Ethics, Dr. Stahl discussed the rise in vaginal cosmetic surgery performed on the social media platform Snapchat and its implications for our cultural conceptions of ‘normal genital appearance.’ Dr. Tobias Winright offered a response to the paper, which was then thoroughly discussed by the conference attendees.
- The recording of last week's Bioethics Public Seminar from Dr. Anjana Susarla is now available to watch on our webs… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- From @nytimes: Can an Algorithm Prevent Suicide? ow.ly/Xzg650CsLpK 19 hours ago
- Listen: Activating and Empowering Patients: Hart-Davidson, Kelly-Blake, and Olomu – Episode 15 #NoEasyAnswers… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- What is bioethics? Visit our website to learn more about specific areas within bioethics, and get connected to a va… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Our free archive of recorded #bioethics webinars contains more than 60 lectures on a wide variety of topics from ex… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
Top Posts & Pages