- Should we trust giant tech companies and entrepreneurs with reading our brains? msubioethics.com/2019/09/12/tru…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Join us on October 16 as we begin this year's Bioethics Brownbag & Webinar Series! We're looking forward to Mark Va… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- You can help support the Center and its mission by making a tax-deductible donation. Visit our website to learn mor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- In our latest #BioethicsInTheNews commentary, Dr. Laura Cabrera asks: Should we trust giant tech companies and entr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- What is bioethics? Visit our website to learn more about specific areas within bioethics, and get connected to a va… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Humor in Medicine: Nasty, Dark, and Shades of Grey
- Should we trust giant tech companies and entrepreneurs with reading our brains?
- Join us for the upcoming Bioethics Brownbag & Webinar Series lecture with Karen Kelly-Blake
- Can brain scans spot criminal intent?
- A Brain Dead Little Girl Raises Some Big Questions
Category Archives: Brownbag & Webinar Series
The Center for Ethics and Humanities in the Life Sciences at Michigan State University is proud to announce the 2018-2019 Bioethics Brownbag & Webinar Series, which features a variety of bioethics topics. The series will begin on September 19, 2018. You … Continue reading
Ethical Issues Related to Fundraising from Grateful Patients Event Flyer Health care institutions are becoming increasingly deliberate about philanthropic fundraising given the need to sustain their missions in the face of decreases in governmental research funds and lowering reimbursement for … Continue reading
Pain But No Gain: Pain as a Problematic and Useless Concept? Event Flyer References to the human experience of “pain” are common, but those references are often ambiguous and vague. Such ambiguity creates conceptual and practical challenges, especially in the … Continue reading
What’s the point of Michigan’s vaccine waiver education requirement? Event Flyer Since 2015, Michigan parents have had to attend education sessions at public health offices if they want their unvaccinated or under-vaccinated children to attend school or daycare. This policy … Continue reading
This year’s Bioethics Brownbag & Webinar Series resumes in February. You are invited to join us in person or watch live online from anywhere in the world. Information about the spring series is listed below. Please visit our website for more details, … Continue reading
Prospects, Promises and Perils of Human Mind-Reading Event Flyer In recent years, several research groups have been able to infer the contents of subjects’ thoughts from fMRI scans. E-commerce sites are tracking customers’ purchases and making ever better predictions about … Continue reading
What level of risk will be tolerated for interventions that are developed for treating “pre-diseased” patients?
Crossing the Biology to Pathobiology Threshold: Distinguishing Precision Health from Precision Medicine Event Flyer Diseases have long been defined by their symptoms, and therefore patients have typically been treated when they are symptomatic. However, through advances in “omics,” wearable sensors, … Continue reading