- Should we trust giant tech companies and entrepreneurs with reading our brains? msubioethics.com/2019/09/12/tru…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- Join us on October 16 as we begin this year's Bioethics Brownbag & Webinar Series! We're looking forward to Mark Va… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- You can help support the Center and its mission by making a tax-deductible donation. Visit our website to learn mor… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- In our latest #BioethicsInTheNews commentary, Dr. Laura Cabrera asks: Should we trust giant tech companies and entr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- What is bioethics? Visit our website to learn more about specific areas within bioethics, and get connected to a va… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Humor in Medicine: Nasty, Dark, and Shades of Grey
- Should we trust giant tech companies and entrepreneurs with reading our brains?
- Join us for the upcoming Bioethics Brownbag & Webinar Series lecture with Karen Kelly-Blake
- Can brain scans spot criminal intent?
- Exploring life with a spinal cord injury
Category Archives: Friends of the Center
Adrianne Haggins, MD, presented at the Bioethics for Breakfast event on February 8, 2018, offering perspective and insight on the topic, “Medicaid Work Requirements: Blood, Sweat and Tears Too?” Leonard Fleck, PhD, moderated this session. The Trump administration has proposed giving … Continue reading
Jeanette M. Scheid, MD, PhD, and Connie Sung, PhD, presented at the Bioethics for Breakfast event on November 30, 2017, offering perspective and insight on the topic, “Autism Spectrum Disorder: Fair Sharing of the Therapeutic Pie?” Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), as … Continue reading
Center Professor Len Fleck, PhD, was a keynote speaker at the Great Lakes Biorepository Research Network (GLBRN) Annual Scientific Meeting, held at Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak Campus on November 3. The title of Dr. Fleck’s presentation was “Precision Medicine, Ethical Ambiguity,” … Continue reading
Center Assistant Professor Dr. Marleen Eijkholt recently traveled to Marquette, MI to present at the Upper Great Lakes Palliative Care & Hospice Conference, hosted by Lake Superior Life Care & Hospice. The conference brought together a wide variety of providers, including home … Continue reading
Center Assistant Professor Dr. Devan Stahl recently presented at the Michigan Advance Care Planning Conference: Strengthen Best Practices & Community Engagement. The conference was held October 13-14 in Lansing and presented by the Michigan Primary Care Consortium. Dr. Stahl presented on “Recurrent … Continue reading
Last month, Center Assistant Professor Dr. Devan Stahl traveled to Nanjing, China to visit Southeast University. Dr. Stahl’s host was Dr. Guobin Cheng, who recently spent one year at MSU collaborating with Center faculty. Dr. Stahl had the opportunity to … Continue reading
Bioethics for Breakfast: Charlie Gard and Solomon’s Dilemma: What are the limits of parental medical decision making?
Honorable Laura Baird, JD, and Marleen Eijkholt, JD, PhD, presented at the Bioethics for Breakfast event on September 28, 2017, offering perspective and insight on the topic, “Charlie Gard and Solomon’s Dilemma: What are the limits of parental medical decision making?” … Continue reading