- The College of Human Medicine is hiring for the position of Center Director. Visit our website for details and to v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Doctors, Technology Puzzles, and the Clinical Ethicist Detective msubioethics.com/2018/05/17/doc… #BioethicsInTheNews 13 hours ago
- In 2010, @HallRender invited the Center for Ethics to partner on a bioethics seminar series. Learn more about our B… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- From @BeckersHR: How end-of-life documents create dilemmas in the ER: 6 insights ow.ly/CiPj30lp8m4 17 hours ago
- Would you like to receive Center for Ethics event, blog, and podcast announcements in your inbox? Join our mailing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Humor in Medicine: Nasty, Dark, and Shades of Grey
- Dr. Cabrera and co-authors published in 'European Journal of Neurosurgery'
- Precision Medicine/Ambiguous Ethics?
- What are key ethical concerns surrounding the use of psychiatric deep brain stimulation?
- Dr. Stahl attends Galveston Brain Injury Conference
Category Archives: Articles
Center Assistant Professor Dr. Laura Cabrera and co-authors Hayden M. K. Boyce, MD, Rachel McKenzie, and Robyn Bluhm, PhD, have an article in the August 2018 issue of Neurosurgical Focus. “Conflicts of interest and industry professional relationships in psychiatric neurosurgery: a … Continue reading
Center Assistant Professor Dr. Devan Stahl and co-author John Banja (Emory University) have a target article in the current issue of AJOB Neuroscience, titled “The Persisting Problem of Precedent Autonomy Among Persons in a Minimally Conscious State: The Limitations of Philosophical … Continue reading
Center Director and Professor Dr. Tom Tomlinson is co-author of an article in the open access e-journal MedEdPublish. The article, “Reframing Professionalism: The Virtuous Professional,” was written by College of Human Medicine faculty members William Wadland, Margaret Thompson, Donna Mulder, … Continue reading
Authors Trevor M. Bibler (Baylor College of Medicine), Myrick C. Shinall, Jr. (Vanderbilt University Medical Center), and Center Assistant Professor Dr. Devan Stahl have a target article in the May 2018 American Journal of Bioethics, on “Responding to Those Who … Continue reading
Visit The Conversation to read “It’s not my fault, my brain implant made me do it,” a collaborative article from Center Assistant Professor Dr. Laura Cabrera and College of Law Associate Professor Dr. Jennifer Carter-Johnson. They combine their neuroethics and … Continue reading
Healthcare cost article from Dr. Fleck published in April ‘Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics’
Center Professor Dr. Leonard Fleck has a new article published in the April 2018 issue of Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics. The article, “Controlling Healthcare Costs: Just Cost Effectiveness or “Just” Cost Effectiveness?,” appears in a special section on justice, … Continue reading