- The College of Human Medicine is hiring for the position of Center Director. Visit our website for details and to v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Doctors, Technology Puzzles, and the Clinical Ethicist Detective msubioethics.com/2018/05/17/doc… #BioethicsInTheNews 13 hours ago
- In 2010, @HallRender invited the Center for Ethics to partner on a bioethics seminar series. Learn more about our B… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- From @BeckersHR: How end-of-life documents create dilemmas in the ER: 6 insights ow.ly/CiPj30lp8m4 17 hours ago
- Would you like to receive Center for Ethics event, blog, and podcast announcements in your inbox? Join our mailing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Humor in Medicine: Nasty, Dark, and Shades of Grey
- Dr. Cabrera and co-authors published in 'European Journal of Neurosurgery'
- Precision Medicine/Ambiguous Ethics?
- What are key ethical concerns surrounding the use of psychiatric deep brain stimulation?
- Dr. Stahl attends Galveston Brain Injury Conference
Category Archives: Books
Center Assistant Professor Dr. Devan Stahl has a new book available from Cascade Books, Imaging and Imagining Illness: Becoming Whole in a Broken Body. Edited by Dr. Stahl with a foreword from Rosemarie Garland-Thomson, the collection of essays draws from the disciplines … Continue reading
Center for Ethics Professor Emerita Judith Andre, PhD, has written a new book, Worldly Virtue: Moral Ideals and Contemporary Life, published by Lexington Books in March 2015. Worldly Virtue argues that general discussions of virtue need to be complemented by attention to … Continue reading
The book Fair Resource Allocation and Rationing at the Bedside, edited by Marion Danis, Samia A. Hurst, Len Fleck, Reidun Forde, and Anne Slowther, was published in October 2014 by Oxford University Press. “This book offers a unique combination of normative analyses of the moral … Continue reading
Center for Ethics Director Tom Tomlinson, PhD, recently had a new book published by Oxford University Press: Methods in Medical Ethics: Critical Perspectives. Publisher’s description: “Tom Tomlinson systematically uncovers and evaluates both the strengths and limits of a variety of … Continue reading
Just Caring: Health Care Rationing and Democratic Deliberation Leonard M. Fleck Oxford University Press, 2009
Just Love: Transforming Civic Virtue Ann M. Mongoven Indiana University Press, 2009
Bioethics as Practice Judith Andre University of North Carolina Press, 2002