- Meet the Center for Ethics faculty, who together possess a wide variety of expertise in bioethics: bioethics.msu.edu/homepage/people 11 hours ago
- Expanded Carrier Screening for an Increasingly Diverse Population - bioethics.msu.edu/brownbag-webin… #bioethics #genetics #video 13 hours ago
- Doctors’ Fear of Malpractice Causes a Lot of Unnecessary Care - ow.ly/coAa30fpmvU via @Healthline 13 hours ago
- Our faculty are committed to research in a broad range of areas within bioethics. Learn more about current projects: bioethics.msu.edu/homepage/resea… 14 hours ago
- Scientists grow bullish on pig-to-human transplants - ow.ly/UJ8830fpA36 via @sciencemagazine #organtransplants 14 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Medicine’s Collusion with False Hopes: Rights to try, false hope, and the spine of the profession
- Concussion in the NFL: A Case for Shared Decision-Making?
- Charlie Gard: An Unnecessary Tragedy?
- Humor in Medicine: Nasty, Dark, and Shades of Grey
- Dr. Fleck presents at International Bioethics Retreat in Paris
Tag Archives: advance directives
No Easy Answers in Bioethics is a new podcast series from the Center for Ethics and Humanities in the Life Sciences in the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine. Each month Center for Ethics faculty and their collaborators discuss … Continue reading
Rose Seavolt, BSN, RN, CCP, presented at the Bioethics for Breakfast event on October 8th, offering insight perspective on the topic, “Is it just the money? Reimbursement for Advance Care Planning.” In 1991 Congress passed the Patient Self Determination Act as a way of … Continue reading
Center Director Dr. Tom Tomlinson has a new article in the August issue of the American Journal of Bioethics (Volume 15, Issue 8). Read “The Texas Advance Directives Act Is Not About Professional Integrity” here.
The Clinical Ethics Interest Group will host an interactive workshop on Michigan’s advance directive laws and talking with patients about end-of-life decisions. Tom Tomlinson, Director of the Center for Ethics, will be the featured speaker. The workshop will take place … Continue reading