- The College of Human Medicine is hiring for the position of Center Director. Visit our website for details and to v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Doctors, Technology Puzzles, and the Clinical Ethicist Detective msubioethics.com/2018/05/17/doc… #BioethicsInTheNews 13 hours ago
- In 2010, @HallRender invited the Center for Ethics to partner on a bioethics seminar series. Learn more about our B… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- From @BeckersHR: How end-of-life documents create dilemmas in the ER: 6 insights ow.ly/CiPj30lp8m4 16 hours ago
- Would you like to receive Center for Ethics event, blog, and podcast announcements in your inbox? Join our mailing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Humor in Medicine: Nasty, Dark, and Shades of Grey
- Dr. Cabrera and co-authors published in 'European Journal of Neurosurgery'
- Precision Medicine/Ambiguous Ethics?
- What are key ethical concerns surrounding the use of psychiatric deep brain stimulation?
- Dr. Stahl attends Galveston Brain Injury Conference
Tag Archives: health care justice
Center Professor Dr. Len Fleck recently traveled to Bergen, Norway to present a keynote address at the 6th Annual Centre for Cancer Biomarkers (CCBIO) Symposium. Dr. Fleck’s presentation, “Just Caring Challenges: Visible Biomarkers and Invisible Rationing,” addressed some of the critical … Continue reading
Healthcare cost article from Dr. Fleck published in April ‘Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics’
Center Professor Dr. Leonard Fleck has a new article published in the April 2018 issue of Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics. The article, “Controlling Healthcare Costs: Just Cost Effectiveness or “Just” Cost Effectiveness?,” appears in a special section on justice, … Continue reading
A new book review by Center Professor Dr. Leonard Fleck has been published in the September/October 2017 Hastings Center Report. Titled “Despairing about Health Disparities,” Dr. Fleck reviews the book Understanding Health Inequalities and Justice: New Conversations across the Disciplines, edited … Continue reading
Center Professor Dr. Leonard Fleck recently gave a keynote address at the 2017 Pediatric Bioethics Day at Norton Children’s Hospital in Louisville, KY, held on September 20. Titled “Just Caring: Health Reform, Cost Control, and the Fate of Children with … Continue reading
Center Professor Dr. Leonard Fleck recently traveled to Paris to attend and present at the International Bioethics Retreat, held June 26-28. Dr. Fleck chaired a session titled “Rights, Responsibilities, and Justice.” He also presented the talk “Last Chance Therapies: LVADs AND a … Continue reading
Center Professor Dr. Leonard Fleck has a new article in Ethics, Medicine and Public Health. Dr. Fleck’s article, “Just caring: Do we need philosophical foundations?,” appears in the April-June 2017 issue. Abstract The “Just Caring” problem asks: What does it … Continue reading
Leonard M. Fleck writes on balancing the costs of medical care in a “just” and “caring” manner in a time of limited resources. Read the article which was published October 2, 2009 in the Detroit News: fleck_detroitnews_oct_09