- Meet the Center for Ethics faculty, who together possess a wide variety of expertise in bioethics: bioethics.msu.edu/homepage/people 11 hours ago
- Expanded Carrier Screening for an Increasingly Diverse Population - bioethics.msu.edu/brownbag-webin… #bioethics #genetics #video 13 hours ago
- Doctors’ Fear of Malpractice Causes a Lot of Unnecessary Care - ow.ly/coAa30fpmvU via @Healthline 13 hours ago
- Our faculty are committed to research in a broad range of areas within bioethics. Learn more about current projects: bioethics.msu.edu/homepage/resea… 14 hours ago
- Scientists grow bullish on pig-to-human transplants - ow.ly/UJ8830fpA36 via @sciencemagazine #organtransplants 15 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Medicine’s Collusion with False Hopes: Rights to try, false hope, and the spine of the profession
- Concussion in the NFL: A Case for Shared Decision-Making?
- Charlie Gard: An Unnecessary Tragedy?
- Humor in Medicine: Nasty, Dark, and Shades of Grey
- Dr. Fleck presents at International Bioethics Retreat in Paris
Tag Archives: home birth
How Midwives Learn: Origins of the Home Birth Controversy Event Flyer Recent media coverage of the increasing popularity of out-of-hospital births in the U.S. has generated a widespread debate about the politics and place of birth. This is not a … Continue reading
Deborah Fisch, JD, and Nancy Herta, MD, presented at Thursday morning’s Bioethics for Breakfast event, offering opposing views on the topic, “Mother, Midwife, Doctor, State: What to Do About Place of Birth?” The topic of childbirth has recaptured national attention, with … Continue reading
Elizabeth (Libby) Bogdan-Lovis and Raymond De Vries co-authored the article “The Baddest Births in Town” in Issue 12 (Winter 2014) of ATRIUM, the Report of the Northwestern Medical Humanities and Bioethics Program. “… [W]hile all pregnant women walk the line between “good … Continue reading
Elizabeth (Libby) Bogdan-Lovis and collaborators Charlotte de Vries and Raymond de Vries co-edited a special issue of the Journal of Clinical Ethics on “Place of Birth” (Vol. 24, No. 3, Fall 2013). Her co-authored contribution with Raymond de Vries, “Ethics … Continue reading