- Meet the Center for Ethics faculty, who together possess a wide variety of expertise in bioethics: bioethics.msu.edu/homepage/people 7 hours ago
- Expanded Carrier Screening for an Increasingly Diverse Population - bioethics.msu.edu/brownbag-webin… #bioethics #genetics #video 9 hours ago
- Doctors’ Fear of Malpractice Causes a Lot of Unnecessary Care - ow.ly/coAa30fpmvU via @Healthline 10 hours ago
- Our faculty are committed to research in a broad range of areas within bioethics. Learn more about current projects: bioethics.msu.edu/homepage/resea… 10 hours ago
- Scientists grow bullish on pig-to-human transplants - ow.ly/UJ8830fpA36 via @sciencemagazine #organtransplants 11 hours ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Medicine’s Collusion with False Hopes: Rights to try, false hope, and the spine of the profession
- Concussion in the NFL: A Case for Shared Decision-Making?
- Humor in Medicine: Nasty, Dark, and Shades of Grey
- Charlie Gard: An Unnecessary Tragedy?
- Dr. Cabrera presents at two international conferences in June
Tag Archives: Leonard Fleck
This post is a part of our Bioethics in the News series By Leonard M. Fleck, PhD I am writing from London, England, where I am teaching a study abroad course on medical ethics and health policy. We are located in … Continue reading
Center Professor Dr. Leonard Fleck recently traveled to Paris to attend and present at the International Bioethics Retreat, held June 26-28. Dr. Fleck chaired a session titled “Rights, Responsibilities, and Justice.” He also presented the talk “Last Chance Therapies: LVADs AND a … Continue reading
Center Professor Dr. Leonard Fleck has a new article in Ethics, Medicine and Public Health. Dr. Fleck’s article, “Just caring: Do we need philosophical foundations?,” appears in the April-June 2017 issue. Abstract The “Just Caring” problem asks: What does it … Continue reading
A chapter from Center Professor Dr. Leonard Fleck has been published in the book Cancer Biomarkers: Ethics, Economics and Society, published by Megaloceros Press. Dr. Fleck’s chapter is titled “Just Caring: Precision Medicine, Cancer Biomarkers and Ethical Ambiguity.” The book is edited … Continue reading
An ethics case by Center Professor Dr. Leonard Fleck and co-author Marion Danis, MD, was published in the February 2017 issue of the AMA Journal of Ethics. Their commentary is titled “How Should Therapeutic Decisions about Expensive Drugs Be Made in … Continue reading
This post is a part of our Bioethics in the News series By Leonard Fleck, PhD Republicans have not coalesced around any comprehensive proposal to replace the Affordable Care Act (though one is now on the table and intensely disputed). … Continue reading
Bioethics for Breakfast: Advanced Dementia and the ICU Siren’s Song: When We Build It, Why Do They Come?
Kevin Foley, MD, and Leonard Fleck, PhD, presented at the Bioethics for Breakfast event on December 8, 2016, offering perspective and insight on the topic, “Advanced Dementia and the ICU Siren’s Song: When We Build It, Why Do They Come?” When … Continue reading