- The College of Human Medicine is hiring for the position of Center Director. Visit our website for details and to v… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Doctors, Technology Puzzles, and the Clinical Ethicist Detective msubioethics.com/2018/05/17/doc… #BioethicsInTheNews 13 hours ago
- In 2010, @HallRender invited the Center for Ethics to partner on a bioethics seminar series. Learn more about our B… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- From @BeckersHR: How end-of-life documents create dilemmas in the ER: 6 insights ow.ly/CiPj30lp8m4 17 hours ago
- Would you like to receive Center for Ethics event, blog, and podcast announcements in your inbox? Join our mailing… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
Top Posts & Pages
- Humor in Medicine: Nasty, Dark, and Shades of Grey
- Dr. Cabrera and co-authors published in 'European Journal of Neurosurgery'
- Precision Medicine/Ambiguous Ethics?
- What are key ethical concerns surrounding the use of psychiatric deep brain stimulation?
- Dr. Stahl attends Galveston Brain Injury Conference
Tag Archives: neurosurgery
Center Assistant Professor Dr. Laura Cabrera and co-authors Hayden M. K. Boyce, MD, Rachel McKenzie, and Robyn Bluhm, PhD, have an article in the August 2018 issue of Neurosurgical Focus. “Conflicts of interest and industry professional relationships in psychiatric neurosurgery: a … Continue reading
Center Assistant Professor Dr. Laura Cabrera is first author of the article “The re-emergence of psychiatric neurosurgery: insights from a cross-national study of newspaper and magazine coverage,” published in the March 2018 issue of Acta Neurochirurgica, The European Journal of Neurosurgery. … Continue reading
Episode 5 of No Easy Answers in Bioethics is now available! This episode features guests Dr. Laura Cabrera, Assistant Professor in the Center for Ethics and Humanities in the Life Sciences and the Department of Translational Science & Molecular Medicine, Dr. Robyn Bluhm, Associate Professor … Continue reading
Center Assistant Professor Dr. Laura Cabrera recently traveled to Riga, Latvia to attend and present at the ERA-NET NEURON (Network of European Funding for Neuroscience Research) Cofund Mid-Term Symposium. Dr. Cabrera presented the poster “Contemporary Psychiatric Neurosurgery: Updates on a … Continue reading
Center Assistant Professor Dr. Laura Cabrera recently traveled to Stockholm, Sweden to attend and present at the 1st Congress for Ethics and Neurosurgery, held May 4-6. The congress was arranged by the Ethicolegal Committee of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies … Continue reading
A commentary by Center Assistant Professor Dr. Laura Cabrera was recently published in AJOB Neuroscience, titled “Is External Pressure Really the Key Objection Against Neurosurgery for Imprisoned Psychopaths?” Dr. Cabrera addressed two main issues contained in Dietmar Hübner and Lucie White’s … Continue reading